Art with Evan: Schedule and Tuition: Art Lessons in Chapel Hill
Drop-in open artist studio for all ages.
Ongoing throughout the year. Includes instruction and materials.
- Saturday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- $15 per hour
- Siblings and parents welcome
- All materials included, except for canvases larger than 18"x 24". Cost for larger canvases is $5 – $10 (optional)
- Materials include:
- Fine watercolor and drawing papers
- Staple- backed canvas, wood and canvas boards; assorted sizes to choose from
- Oil paints, acrylics, watercolors and gouche
- Charcoal, chalk and oil pastel
- Beads, rhinestones and foam core for collage and montage works
Try your hand at painting and drawing or collage from still-life, landscape, seascape, animals, flowers, insects, portraiture or abstracts.
Learn about the artists that began their endeavors into the world of imagination and creativity. A small library of history books and story books about art are available to read at the studio.
Art-themed parties are offered on the weekends at Evan’s studio. You may choose a theme, such as horses, unicorns, landscape, still-life, etc. Evan will guide students through an art lesson, and each child will go home with an original piece of artwork that they have made. All art materials are supplied. The lesson will last approximately one hour. After the art lesson, the instructor and an assistant will serve the students birthday refreshments (not supplied). The atmosphere at Art with Evan is home-like and fun and inspires all to become creative. Please feel free to visit the studio beforehand or call for more information.
- $175 for 1 ½ hours of instruction and party time, for up to twelve students
- Price includes all art materials, party table, serving help, and cleanup help
- Party Times Available:
- Saturdays 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sundays 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
2015 Afternoon Summer Fine Arts Afternoon Camps and Registration
SEEK OUT YOUR INNER VAN GOGH ON SUPER LARGE CANVASES WITH OIL PAINTS!
Small and nurturing camps that encourage individual and creative expression. Experience the colorful, rich and impasto texture of non-toxic oil paints on canvas. Fine materials for fine arts!
- Children age 6 to 12
- 3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
- $160 per week
- Registration form (PDF)
- Registration form (Online)
JUNE 15-19, MY SELF PORTRAIT
JUNE 22-26, STILL-LIFE & INTERIORS
JUNE 29 - JULY 3, EXOTIC BIRDS
JULY 6-10, SUMMER BLOSSOMS
JULY 13-17, BUTTERFLIES
JULY 20-24, THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON
JULY 27-21, HOUSE PORTRAITS
Day 1: Sketches and canvas preparation
Day 2: Painting main surfaces of canvas
Day 3: Painting main surfaces of canvas
Day 4: Painting detailed work
Day 5: Detailed work and canvas completion/art show!
THESE AFTERNOON ARTS CAMPS ARE DESIGNED TO STRENGTHEN AND ENHANCE CHILDREN'S CREATIVITY AND PERSONAL AWARENESS OF THEIR OWN CREATIVE PROCESS. LET YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION WANDER WITH COLOR, LINE, SHAPE AND WHIMSEY. NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH PAINTING AND DRAWING IS REQUIRED
HUGE 22" X 24" CANVASES ARE SUPPLIED ALONG WITH NON TOXIC OIL PAINTS. TECHNIQUES THAT ARE TAUGHT INCLUDE IMPASTO (RICH TEXTURE OF THE PAINT), COLOR MIXING AND BLENDING.
GET READY FOR A ONE-OF-A-KIND TREASURE FROM YOUR OWN LOCAL ARTIST TO ADORN YOUR WALLS BY THE WEEKS END!